Author Topic: Some info I have!  (Read 10613 times)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Greathouse Point | Family Research Center
Some info I have!
« on: May 04, 2004, 09:41:58 AM »
From Greathouse Research Guild @ EZBoard
Posted by: shellyjgreathouse2003
Posted on: 12 April 2003

Great-Grandfather James Burten Greathouse(Wife Hazel Elzeta Greathouse) Great-Grandfather was born in South Dakota (James Greathouse's Brother lived in Lake Charles, Louisiana and still has children who live there today one by the name of Charlene Greathouse)
Grandfather John Rodgers
Grandmother Mary J. (Greathouse) Townsend (Ohioan)
Great-Uncle Milton Greathouse (Indiana)
Great-Aunt Martha J. (Greathouse) Kelly (Grandmother's twin and they are both Deaf Mute) (Ohioan)

If anyone can relate to this information please e-mail me at shellyjgreathouse@sbcglobal.net
Admin, Guild Greathouse Forum
Email: research@greathouse.us

shelly

• View Profile
Some info I have!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 12:56:20 AM »
:oops: Hi this is shellyjgreathouse@sbcglobal.net. My email adress has changed to shellyjgreathouse@yahoo.com.  So if there is any info for me concerning my family origin please send it to this email adress instead.  Thanks.

Lynn

James and Hazel ancestry/ deafness
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 08:54:16 PM »
Catherine's family owned Sells Floto Circus, which is where she met George who was working as a blacksmith there.  She was a deaf-mute. Source, Annette Norman.
This note is from Catherine Sells married to George Greathouse in the Herman Groethausen family. Their daughter Floretta  is mother to your James Burten Greathouse. There are notes in the family lineage about why the sons are named Greathouse.
http://www.greathouse.us/herman1670/des/D8.htm#i5142
Some have said that Otto Weaver was of Indian heritage, but we have no evidence of that.  It could be interesting to trace his lineage.

-Lynn

paulgreathouse9316

• View Profile
Some info I have!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 10:43:55 AM »
Milton (Bud) Greathouse is my uncle. James Lee Greathouse is my father. I only found out about Bud a few years ago, along with a brother and sister I didn't know about (Toni and Jim).