Author Topic: Greathouse DNA Project - Not participating... Why?  (Read 18320 times)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Greathouse Point | Family Research Center
Greathouse DNA Project - Not participating... Why?
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:20:54 AM »
If you do not plan to participate in our Greathouse Surname DNA Project, please let us know why by answering this poll above.

For those who may have questions about our DNA Project, please read Family Tree DNA's FAQ page. Many of your questions may have already been answered there.

http://www.familytreedna.com/faq.html

Thanks,
Rick
Admin, Guild Greathouse Forum
Email: research@greathouse.us

knappbetty

DNA
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 12:36:06 PM »
I am not participating in the DNA because there are no males with the greathouse name in this household. Betty Knapp

hakelley

DNA project
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 01:21:13 PM »
I do not know of any male Greathouse  in my line that will be participating.

Linda Birgel

Greathouse DNA Research
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 03:48:42 PM »
I have forwarded the info to my cousins but their last name is not Greathouse.  Since I am a female I cannot participate - but would love to kept abreast of any info developed - Especially your side, Rick, since we are more closely related.

Ann Spencer

DNA
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 12:37:10 AM »
Not participating, because Greathouse is a collateral line and my Greathouse cousins are female.   :P

Sandy Jarrett

poll
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 05:35:10 AM »
[color=black[color=black

My Greathouse line starts with a great-grandmother.  So, there are no direct male descendants of her father in my household, my father's household, or my first cousins' households still living.  I support the idea of the DNA research and will be very interested in its results.  8) Sandy Jarrett

Anonymous

Re: Greathouse DNA Project - Not participating... Why?
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 08:22:21 AM »
Quote from: "Rick"
If you do not plan to participate in our Greathouse Surname DNA Project, please let us know why by answering this poll.
:?: At this time I am still confused. How can the test prove my heritage unless the dna has been obtained from the original blood line of Hermon,Harmon? I know I am a true Greathouse (at least as far back as I can go) but at the same time linage has not been conclusive to the point of a positive lock as to my great grand parents. Does the dna seperate so as you can tell uncles ,brothers,sisters and which way they went so as to tell for sure, that john came from this dna in 1852 so this is his greatgrand father so many times removed????????? Confused  to say the least. So with all reguards I can not see where it is of  great deal of use. Am I missing somthing?

Ted McMullen

Greathouse DNA Project
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 08:46:33 AM »
I have no doubt about my connection to the Greathouse line, but since my link is through my great grandmother, Sarah Greathouse McMullen, such connection could not be confirmed.

In addition, I find that there is already entirly too much information about me contained in public databases, I am not interested in adding to that.

The result of such project, however, would prove interesting.

B. Engols

Greathouse DNA Project
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 12:07:46 PM »
My mother was a Greathouse; therefore, I would not be eligible.  I wish I was.

ebjgreat@msn.com

DNA
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 12:25:39 AM »
Maybe later, I have my own problems right now. :cry:

Vivian

• View Profile
Greathouse DNA Project
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 11:24:05 PM »
I think the DNA project is a great idea, but I don't know of any male Greathouses in my direct line.  My great-grandfather Greathouse's surviving children were all female.  I'll check with descendants from the cousin lines and see if I can find a volunteer.
     Vivian Taylor
mt

Susan

• View Profile
Greathouse DNA Project - Not participating... Why?
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 08:19:31 PM »
The last  male Greathouse in my dierect line was my 2 nd great Grandfather Stephen .Our line stops with him, he had 3 daughters. Im still interested in results  
Susan