Author Topic: Nancy Ellen Hudson; w of Robert A Greathouse, Butler Co KY  (Read 6288 times)

wieucagal

• View Profile
Nancy Ellen Hudson; w of Robert A Greathouse, Butler Co KY
« on: July 17, 2005, 01:41:13 PM »
I am seeking information about my maternal great grandmother, Nancy Ellen Hudson.  She married Robert Ambrose Greathouse in Butler County Kentucky in 1884.  She was born in Warren Co (Bowling Green) Ky in 1866.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

In reference to her latter life - There is a reference to Nancy's moving to Bedford, IN (my birthplace) after Robert died in 1905 to live with a Matthews family.  I do believe that Nancy was related to the Matthews somehow; hence my search .  My mother, Oreta Jane Greathouse, made references to "Grandma Matthews".     Family stories say that Robert died of appendicitis.

Lynn

Nancy Ellen Hudson; w of Robert A Greathouse, Butler Co KY
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 03:41:48 PM »
We have Nancy Ellen Hudson in our John Greathouse and Catharina Haack family file.
http://greathouse.us/families.htm
We do not show maternal information for her.
Our notes say:
"Source: Josia Greathouse.  Shortly after Robert died, Nancy and 5 sons moved to Bedford, Lawrence County, IN. Nancy was staying with a lady named Mathews. Do not know if friend or relative.  Her two daughters remained in Kentucky."
Her children are all listed with her family on Greathouse Point.
Hopefully some other researcher will have more information!

Lynn