Author Topic: Greetings!! Happy to be a part of this new Forum  (Read 8799 times)

Linda Mosley

• View Profile
Greetings!! Happy to be a part of this new Forum
« on: April 29, 2004, 10:25:46 PM »
:D   Even though I am new to research on the Greathouse line, I have enjoyed visiting the site for quite a long time. My father's line takes me back to Leah Greathouse, who m. John Wood b. 1754 in Frederick County, MD.  I hope to learn a lot visiting with all of you cousins!  Congratulations on the new forum and Thanks for all of your work - enabling us to make connections....... (Linda Wood Mosley)

Lynn

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 12:15:06 AM »
Hi, I think we show John Wood Sr married to Martha Ogle, John Jr married to Catherine Bratten, and Leah Greathouse married to Joseph.
http://www.greathouse.us/johncatharina/D2.htm#i18
It appears the only documentaion we have is a world family tree. You are placing John Wood married to Leah. Please share your lineage back to them and as much documentation as you can. Our family group is in serious need of further documentation and we all welcome corrections.

Patti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 03:11:19 PM »
Hello! I have been researching Greathouse for several years, since my Mom passed along some pictures and documents of Elsie Lee Greathouse and others, which had been in the possession of my grandfather Ken Jones. Just over three years ago I lost my computer and informatin on it due to a house fire, but some of you were kind enough to send me some gedcom files so I could catch up on things, instead of re-typing everything from the hard copies that survived. I am working hard now on getting a version of the Greathouse history completed on my Family Tree Maker program; I discovered that I had about 3 or 4 different versions, which I have since combined. Right now I am looking through the information on the website for John Greathouse & Catharina Haack, and making sure what I have goes along with that. I'm also double-checking to make sure I have all my Greathouse-related pictures and documents scanned, which I like to put in a "scapbook" at the end of the FTM information when I make books (FTM info and photos that I have a spiral binding/clear cover/black back cover put on at Office Depot for jusrt a few dollars). I took out a lot of the  notes that I didn't feel would be interesting to other members of my family; I can always check here on the website if I need to refer to those. As far as notes, I'm concentrating more on occupations, obituaries, etc. I'm also busy transcribing old newspaper articles of Orlando Walkling, who married Laverna Greathouse, and those will be part of my book. I haven't checked yet to see if there is some way to share photos on this website. Perhaps someone can help me on that. I am hoping to finish up next month and be ready to print out a book for some of my family members (and myself!). After this, I think I'll print out a new book with updates just once a year for each of the lines I research. I will send the updates on Charley Lee Greathouse line when I am done putting everything together.