Author Topic: 10 THINGS MY DESCENDANTS WILL HAVE WANTED ME TO KNOW  (Read 8314 times)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Greathouse Point | Family Research Center
10 THINGS MY DESCENDANTS WILL HAVE WANTED ME TO KNOW
« on: May 31, 2005, 11:34:28 AM »
10 THINGS MY DESCENDANTS WILL HAVE WANTED ME TO KNOW

10. That future generations would count so heavily on census reporting to be factual

9. That handwritten diaries handed down to stable generation descendants are a godsend to historians, even as "mundane" things as their daily life activities

8.That when pictures were taken, making sure that they were labled on the back. more than "Sue's baby dau."

7. That there was the importance of saving letters that contained info about the family they received from others

6. Giving family history including those letters and diaries and pictures to the real caretakers of the family who cared about the family history and family history preservation

5. The importance of continuing the yearly family reunions, even if only a few attended

4. The godsend of writing down the migrations of the history that I knew it to be. From where to where, who and why......

3. The importance of writing down copies of the Family Bible records and notations and passing it along to many members of the family including connecting ones in whatever way, in case of fire, flood, or stupid direct descendants who would pitch the valuable info...

2. The godsend of writing down their own family history and diagrams the way they knew it to be including who fought in what war, and whether or not the family was cousins with whatever famous person ( and perhaps how, if they were!). And while we're at it, making the notations of how the name was spelled!

1. To NEVER NEVER NEVER name a son or daughter the same as in the past if more than 2 times it already appears in the same generation, found in the same county, and state.
Admin, Guild Greathouse Forum
Email: research@greathouse.us