Author Topic: Welcome, please post your lineage  (Read 14071 times)

Lynn

Welcome, please post your lineage
« on: May 01, 2004, 02:04:33 AM »
WELCOME to our family research forum for the"Greathouse Orphans". Greathouse Orphans are any families that are unconnected to the Greathouse families above.

Come on in , look around for  some new cousins, and set a spell!

You may already belong to the Greathouse mailing list and participate in Greathouse Point, but this forum focuses on the branches of the Greathouse family we call Greathouse Orphans. Through your efforts, we hope to connect these "orphans" with their larger families.

Please join us, visit often,  and become an active member of our community.

If you have any problems, questions, or comments please let me know!

If you are a "Greathouse Orphan" please post your lineage to share with the other researchers in our group.

As an example, though I am from the John and Catharina Haack group, mine is:

-John unknown? parent of Samuel B Greathouse Sr.
and John Greathouse and Catharina Elissen Haack parents of Susannah
---Samuel Brown Greathouse Sr. and Susannah Greathouse
---Samuel Brown Greathouse Jr. and Mary "Polyp" Arnold
---Louis Thomas Greathouse and Judia Alice Joseph
--- Sidney Neal Greathouse and Cloa Seitz
--- Melbadine Greathouse and Harold A Magnus
--- Carol Lynn Magnus (Me) and Stanley R. Leonard

I am certain of mine back through Louis Thomas.

atp7298

• View Profile
Another line
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 02:01:56 AM »
Herbert Grathausen married ? McLaughlin
  Thomas Greathouse (d) 8/30/1866 married Mary Jane
    James Crum Greathouse (d) 1930 married Louisa Dove Starrett
      Walter Harold Greathouse (d) 1985 married Bessie Ruth Small
         Veeda Kathleen Greathouse (d) 2002 married Richard Ramey
            Kathleen Kay Ramey married Ronald T. Garwood
               Tina Marie Garwood married Michael R. Henry

nbarr

• View Profile
Greathouse Lineage Originating in South Dakota 1800's
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 09:59:31 PM »
:lol: Hello my name is Shelly Jane Greathouse.  My Mother is Nancy Jane Greathouse Lannom, Grandmother Mary Jane Greathouse Townsend, Great Aunt Martha Jean Greathouse Kelly, Great Uncle Milton Bud Greathouse, Great Grandfather also a Greathouse born in South Dakota on an Indian Reservation.  Looking for any info to help me on my quest for answers.  Thank You and hope to hear from someone.  Oh almost forgot long hereditary history of Deafness.

nbarr

• View Profile
Family I Know Of!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 11:38:09 PM »
I know only of my Great Grandfather James Burten Greathouse, wife Hazel Elzeta Greathouse Born in South Dakota, Had A brother who lived @ Lake Charles who had 5 children one of which is still residing there Charlene Greathouse.  My Grandmother, his daughter is Mary Jane Greathouse Townsend, twin sister is Martha Jean Greathouse Kelly both who reside in Ohio, two brothers one still living Milton B. Greathouse who resides in Indiana.  If you have any info pls contact me @ nbarr@woh.rr.com  Thank You. Oh one more thing my family has a deep hereditary history of deafness as well as dark skin and blue eyes.

Lynn

nbarr
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 12:32:02 AM »
I am sending you a private email. I beleive your family is in the Herman Groethausen file, that your Great Grandfather is James Greathouse, brother of Glen Elbert Greathouse.  Glen Elbert is , I beleive, the father of Lawrence that Kolrick is searching for.  
Lynn

sharri

• View Profile
Welcome, please post your lineage
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 10:11:34 PM »
My name is Sharri Greathouse My father was Max Lee Greathouse his father was Wilber Greathouse.  I know my father was born in Oaklahoma and later moved to California however, my grandfather and grandmother divorced and he remarried and lived in Wisconson.   I'm hoping someone can help me fill in the MANY missing pieces.  Thank you Sharri