Guild Community (posting requires registration) > Obituaries/Memorial Project

Memorial | Sad News... Patricia Dodd Greathouse

(1/3) > >>

Rick:
From Greathouse Research Guild @ EZBoard
Posted by: Rick Greathouse
Posted on: 7 February 2003

Greathouse Cousins...

What do we say to one so special and so dear to each one of us who is nearing her journey home? She has touched each of our lives in a special way and we would like to let her know... just how much she means to us but the words we find... fall so very short.

It hurts to let you go, but we love you too much to selfishly keep you for a life of misery and pain. And why would we keep you from the arms of your loving heavenly father.........and from meeting the one who loved you enough to give His very life for you?

No, instead, with tears in our eyes, but the eternal HOPE we hold dear in our hearts, we let you go. And as we release you, we send you with our prayers.......that you would have comfort to the end of your journey and all fears will vanish as the very one who paid the price of your salvation WALKS WITH YOU through the valley of the shadow of death all the way to the other side where the glorious light of heaven and of our Savior shines with a brightness we can only imagine.........until, shortly, we join you there. -- Anne Minnick

Patricia Dodd Greathouse passed away this morning at Columbus Hospice House, Columbus, GA. Her funeral will held Sunday, February 9th, 2003 at 3:00pm. Visitation is tomorrow night 6:00pm - 8:00pm.

Please keep Robert and the rest of her family in your prayers.

Warmest Regards,
Rick Greathouse - West Virginia

THE DAY GOD CALLED YOU HOME

God looked around his garden,
And found an empty space.
He then looked down upon this earth
And saw your sweet tired face.
He put his arms around you,
And lifted you to rest,
God's garden must be beautiful,
He only takes the best.
He knew you were suffering,
And he knew you were in pain,
He knew that you would never,
Get well upon this earth again.
He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb.
So He closed your weary eyelids,
And whispered peace be thine.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you did not go alone,
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.

-- Submitted by: Louise F. Johnson

Rick:
Posted by: Lynn Leonard

I will miss Pat greatly. This relative I never met in person brought us all together. We are all in her debt. She was funny, and tireless, and generous, and welcoming. I so enjoyed her posts from time to time about the foibles of genealogy.

Robert, please know that you are in my prayers.

Lynn Leonard

Rick:
Posted by: Frank Neher

Though I only knew Pat as a correspondent, and leader of the Greathouse Cousins, I came to realize how wonderful and caring she was. Her accomplishments will be remembered by all. My deepest sympathy to Robert and her sons, Allen and Mark and their families. Verna's and My prayers are with you. We will all miss our good friend Pat.

Frank Neher

Rick:
Posted by: Rosemary Connolly
Posted on: 8 February 2003

Our deepest sympathy from a decendant of Matilda Greathouse.

Frank and Rosemary Connolly

Rick:
Posted by: Steve Greathouse
Posted on: 8 February 2003

Just wanted you to know how Pat's passing affects so many people. Even though we hadn't met her face to face, her constant support and efforts to bring us all together on line were greatly support. I recently received a nice handwritten "Thank you" card from her because I had sent her some photocopies of old documents I had. She was that kind of person, to go out of her way to make sure you knew how thankful she was for the things people did.

She truly is someone we will never forget. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the family - and the cousins, that will greatly miss her.

Your Cousin,
Steve Greathouse - Chandler, AZ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version