Author Topic: Memorial | Sad News... Patricia Dodd Greathouse  (Read 24389 times)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Greathouse Point | Family Research Center
Memorial | Sad News... Patricia Dodd Greathouse
« on: May 04, 2004, 09:52:25 AM »
From Greathouse Research Guild @ EZBoard
Posted by: Rick Greathouse
Posted on: 7 February 2003

Greathouse Cousins...

What do we say to one so special and so dear to each one of us who is nearing her journey home? She has touched each of our lives in a special way and we would like to let her know... just how much she means to us but the words we find... fall so very short.

It hurts to let you go, but we love you too much to selfishly keep you for a life of misery and pain. And why would we keep you from the arms of your loving heavenly father.........and from meeting the one who loved you enough to give His very life for you?

No, instead, with tears in our eyes, but the eternal HOPE we hold dear in our hearts, we let you go. And as we release you, we send you with our prayers.......that you would have comfort to the end of your journey and all fears will vanish as the very one who paid the price of your salvation WALKS WITH YOU through the valley of the shadow of death all the way to the other side where the glorious light of heaven and of our Savior shines with a brightness we can only imagine.........until, shortly, we join you there. -- Anne Minnick

Patricia Dodd Greathouse passed away this morning at Columbus Hospice House, Columbus, GA. Her funeral will held Sunday, February 9th, 2003 at 3:00pm. Visitation is tomorrow night 6:00pm - 8:00pm.

Please keep Robert and the rest of her family in your prayers.

Warmest Regards,
Rick Greathouse - West Virginia

THE DAY GOD CALLED YOU HOME

God looked around his garden,
And found an empty space.
He then looked down upon this earth
And saw your sweet tired face.
He put his arms around you,
And lifted you to rest,
God's garden must be beautiful,
He only takes the best.
He knew you were suffering,
And he knew you were in pain,
He knew that you would never,
Get well upon this earth again.
He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb.
So He closed your weary eyelids,
And whispered peace be thine.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you did not go alone,
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.

-- Submitted by: Louise F. Johnson
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 11:40:18 AM by Rick »
Admin, Guild Greathouse Forum
Email: research@greathouse.us

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sad News...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 09:54:58 AM »
Posted by: Lynn Leonard

I will miss Pat greatly. This relative I never met in person brought us all together. We are all in her debt. She was funny, and tireless, and generous, and welcoming. I so enjoyed her posts from time to time about the foibles of genealogy.

Robert, please know that you are in my prayers.

Lynn Leonard

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sad News...
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 09:57:49 AM »
Posted by: Frank Neher

Though I only knew Pat as a correspondent, and leader of the Greathouse Cousins, I came to realize how wonderful and caring she was. Her accomplishments will be remembered by all. My deepest sympathy to Robert and her sons, Allen and Mark and their families. Verna's and My prayers are with you. We will all miss our good friend Pat.

Frank Neher

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Deep Sympathy toward Pat and Family
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 10:00:29 AM »
Posted by: Rosemary Connolly
Posted on: 8 February 2003

Our deepest sympathy from a decendant of Matilda Greathouse.

Frank and Rosemary Connolly

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Words of support
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 10:02:33 AM »
Posted by: Steve Greathouse
Posted on: 8 February 2003

Just wanted you to know how Pat's passing affects so many people. Even though we hadn't met her face to face, her constant support and efforts to bring us all together on line were greatly support. I recently received a nice handwritten "Thank you" card from her because I had sent her some photocopies of old documents I had. She was that kind of person, to go out of her way to make sure you knew how thankful she was for the things people did.

She truly is someone we will never forget. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the family - and the cousins, that will greatly miss her.

Your Cousin,
Steve Greathouse - Chandler, AZ

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sympathy to Bob and family
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 10:04:56 AM »
Posted by: Henry Mounts
Posted on: 9 February 2003

Bob and Family:

My wife, Takeko Rita [Ri] and I extend our deepest sympathy to you and your family.

I will miss her Christmas cards and e-mails. Know you and your family are greatly sadden by the untimely death of your soulmate, wife, and mother of your children. May she rest in peace.

Henry and Ri Mounts
San Diego, CA

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sad News...
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 10:08:13 AM »
Posted by:  Mary Ann Partin Mealey
Posted on: 10 February 2003

Will be so missed
Decendent of John and Philidelphia Greathouse

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pat Dodd Greathouse
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 10:09:46 AM »
Posted by: Frank and Betty Greathouse
Posted on: 11 February 2003

You have our deepest sympathy. I will miss her e-mails on the Greathouse Clan as well as her thoughtful words on special occasions.

Frank and Betty Greathouse, Lewisport, KY

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pat Greathouse
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 10:29:02 AM »
Posted by: Bob and Sandy Faler
Posted on: 12 February 2003

We were so sorry to hear of the loss of Pat, she did such a wonderful job on the Greathouse List.

Bob and Sandy Faler
Greathouse descendants

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pat
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 10:30:19 AM »
Posted by: Earl R Greathouse
Posted on: 12 February 2003

I was sadden to hear of Pat's passing. Pat help me fill in many gaps with my research. I will miss her kind help. May God smile upon her and give her peace.

Earl R Greathouse
Dallas, TX

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mom's last email
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2004, 10:33:57 AM »
Posted by: Allen Greathouse
Posted on: 14 February 2003

I think it is fitting for all to know the last email my mom sent.
I would like to say thanks from the entire family for all of the kind words, thoughts and prayers. We really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Allen Greathouse (son of Patricia Dodd Greathouse)

/start of last email

.Nothing on earth can separate you.....

For those lucky to still be blessed with your Mom this is beautiful. For those who aren't, this is even more beautiful.

The young mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is this the long way?" she asked. And the guide said: "Yes, and the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe that anything could be better than these years. So she played with her children, and gathered flowers for them along the way, and bathed them in the clear streams; and the sun shone on them, and the young Mother cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this."

Then the night came, and the storm, and the path was dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother drew them close and covered them with her mantle, and the children said, "Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come."

And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary. But at all times she said to the children," A little patience and we are there." So the children climbed, and when they reached the top they said, "Mother, we would not have done it without you."

And the mother, when she lay down at night looked up at the stars and said, "This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned fortitude in the face of hardness. Yesterday I gave them courage. Today, I have given them strength."

And the next day came strange clouds which darkened the earth, clouds of war and hate and evil, and the children groped and stumbled, and the mother said: "Look up. Lift your eyes to the light." And the children looked and saw above the clouds an everlasting glory, and it guided them beyond the darkness. And that night the Mother said, "This is the best day of all, for I have shown my children God."

And the days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years, and the mother grew old and she was little and bent. But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage. And when the way was rough, they lifted her, for she was as light as a feather; and at last they came to a hill, and beyond they could see a shining road and golden gates flung wide.

And mother said: "I have reached the end of my journey. And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk alone, and their children after them."

And the children said, "You will always walk with us, Mother, even when you have gone through the gates." And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gates closed after her. And they said: "We cannot see her, but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence."

Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street; she's the smell of bleach in your freshly laundered socks; she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not well. Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every tear drop. She's the place you came from, your first home; and she's the map you follow with every step you take. She's your first love and your first heartbreak, and nothing on earth can separate you.... Not time, not space...not even death!

/end

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry for the bad news...
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2004, 10:35:58 AM »
Posted by: Joejoe
Posted on: 25 April 2003

I don't know if I am related but my last name is Greathouse so please reply to my message.

P.S. I am sorry about Greathouse cousin!