Author Topic: Getting 6th and 7th generations updated  (Read 9595 times)

gowolfpack95

• View Profile
Getting 6th and 7th generations updated
« on: December 19, 2006, 06:25:09 AM »
What do we need to do to get the information I've posted included in the Jacob Greathouse of GA lineage on the website?  I've given as full an account as I can of the Greathouses descended from 112. James Littleton GREATHOUSE 1,2,4,5 (Early41, Abraham21, Jacob Jr.4, Jacob1).

I can get more information, and have passed the word on to some of my near cousins who may be able to contribute here as well.

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Greathouse Point | Family Research Center
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 03:56:12 PM »
Do you have any information that would connect Jacob Sr. to whom we think is a strong possibility for his wife, Christian or Christianity  Vanhousen/Vanhooser/Vanhusen?

Do you have any ideas on where Christian may have died?
Admin, Guild Greathouse Forum
Email: research@greathouse.us

gowolfpack95

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 10:47:15 AM »
We have a family Bible, which I have not had the opportunity to examine since I was a child.   The Bible is deteriorating, printed on acidic paper - likely it is only from the mid 1800's, which would put it originally in the hands of Rev. Early Greathouse.  It may contain information about Early's ancestors.

I know it moved to Regina, NM with James Littleton Greathouse and his children and that it passed from James Littleton to Willie (my grandfather) and from Willie to Richard Greathouse (my uncle and my father's older brother).  From Richard, the family Bible passed to his younger son, Todd.  Todd currently has possession of it.