Author Topic: Please sign our Guest Book...  (Read 7508 times)

Jan Greathouse Lockard

Please sign our Guest Book...
« on: July 06, 2005, 09:14:45 AM »
I'm a descendant or Harmon and Mary Greathouse, and happened across this site while teaching my daughter how to do a google search. What a surprise!

We found inaccurate information, though, in the listing for my father, Alfred Greathouse, #127. It shows the wrong birth information for my mother, Wanda Halstead, and also says that she's deceased. She was actually born on 20 January 1933 and is very much alive.

The order of marriage and children for my sister, Cathy Lynn Greathouse, is also listed in the wrong order.

I'm not sure who to contact about this and whether or not it can be changed.

I'm also wondering if any of the other Greathouse families have any forms of Muscular Dystrophy. Our family has several members with Charcot Marie Tooth disease, a form of MD that is hereditary. We know that it didn't come from our mother's side, and our father, now deceased, was never tested. I don't really know much about his side of the family or if any of them had this disease, but that's where it must have been passed along. Different types of CMT tend to affect different ethnic groups, and I'm very curious about other Greathouse families who may also be dealing with this.

Thanks so much!

Sandy

Please sign our Guest Book...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 12:27:09 PM »
Dear Jan,  I am a member of the work group that works on the Harmon Greathouse 1787 and Mary Ann family line.  For the last year and a half, I have been coordinating the efforts of our group for Greathouse Point.

We are thrilled  :D to be able to correct the information on Wanda Halstead.  The Greathouse Point Records Coordinator, Lynn Leonard,  will correct it shortly.  Also, I would like to get in touch with you personally.  Two members of our work group are desccended from Joshua Greahouse, son of John W. Greathouse Sr., son of Harmon Greathouse born about 1787.  They are actively working the Joshua Greathouse descendants portion of the Harmon family file, from which you are descended.

We would love whatever information you can give us.

Please email me at: sandy@greathouse.us