Author Topic: Greathouse Connection  (Read 6024 times)

WhitneyV.

Greathouse Connection
« on: August 01, 2004, 10:49:37 AM »
Hello

I am Whitney Vincent, the daughter of Virginia Eloise Greathouse Waugh I have noticed that on the site under my grandfather, Buck James Morgan Greathouse only my mother and three of her sisters were listed. There is also Carolee Greathouse, Rhonda Lea Greathouse. I haven't had time to see where we all fit in, but it is nice that there is a place to start.

Thanks,

Whitney Vincent

bigted

• View Profile
Greathouse Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 11:36:17 AM »
Quote from: "John Green"
My grandmother was Ila Mae (Greathouse) Green. There are or were a lot of Greathouses in and around Walsh,Colo. where my father was born. My grandmothers' mother was a Colbaugh. I really appreciate all the work you have done.
John Green

I am not surprised that there are a number of Greathouse families residing in the southeasternly area of Colorado. Several members of the John Greathouse Sr. family moved there from Roane County in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The ones I am familiar with are David G, William A., Ira, and several other I cannot now recall. They all filed homestead claims which are patented in the land office in Lamar, Colorado. My great uncle, Charles McMullen, son of Sarah Greathouse McMullen, joined with his cousins and homesteaded 321 acres near Trinidad, Colorado. I would be interested in hearing from descendants of any of these families.

Ted McMullen
bigted@bigvalley.net